The vision of the Guidance Department at Lexington Senior High is to provide each student with limitless efforts pertaining to their academic, personal-social, and career development. We commit to providing comprehensive services to all students to be 21st century learners. We stand firm in our efforts to promote academic success, graduation within four years, and promoting students to acquire skill sets that will allow them to be prolific citizens globally.
Lexington Senior High Guidance Department mission is to instill academic achievement in all of our students. Our major role is to assist each student in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to produce greater works academically. We strengthen our mission by collaborating with administrators, teachers, parents, and community stakeholders in efforts to help students obtain personal-social, career, and academic success.
Counselors and Guidance Staff
Information and Forms
(click the following for more information)
Need a Transcript?
(watch video below)
YouTube Video - Navigating Career Cruising
How do I get a worker's permit?
Guidance Department Monthly Character Traits
December - Fairness
January - Loyalty
February - Honesty
March - Respect
April - Kindness
May - Integrity
June - Courage
Let's continue to show these traits throughout your life and at school throughout the year!!
News and Updates
- Attention: Parents & Students interested in being a TARHEEL or WOLFPACK!! Please come and get a pre-application from Mr. Watlington for the Morehead-Cain Scholarship or the Park Scholarship. Pre-Applications for possible school recommendation are due back by Monday September 26, 2016 at 10 am. Students may also self-nominate themselves!
- Attention: Parent/Students - You may begin completing the FAFSA as early as October 1, 2016.
- Attention: College Fair will take place on October 27, 2016 from 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Attention: Driver's Education information and sign-up sheet is located in the Guidance/Counseling Department. Please stop by to register!
SENIOR STUDENT CHECKLIST:
- CHECK IN WITH COUNSELORS PERIODICALLY
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE STUDYING AND OBTAINING ADEQUATE REST FOR SCHOOL
- MAKE SURE YOU ARE TURNING IN ALL COMPLETE ASSIGNMENTS IN ON TIME
- REVIEW SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION AND TURN IN COLLEGE APPLICATIONS BY THE DESIGNATED DEADLINES
- BE GREAT AND BE SOMEBODY!
2016-17 SAT Test Dates
(Register by September 1)
(Register by October 7)
(Register by November 3)
(Register by December 21)
(Register by February 10)
(Register by April 7)
2016-17 ACT Test Dates
(Register by September 16)
(Register by November 4)
(Register by January 13)
(Register by March 3)
(Register by May 5)
Contact us at:
Phone: (336) 242-1574 Option #6
Fax: (336) 242-1285
Here we believe:
"With greater works YOU can BE SOMEBODY"
Please click here
to visit our website!